Friday, July 27, 2007

Depending on perspective...



Today's baking was great. It was relaxing and fun. Andrew stirred the batter for the cake. The pie dough came right together. But once things got into the oven, it all went downhill. The cake is denser than I'd like. The empty pie shell (which had a destiny with strawberry cream filling) collapsed. So, I'm redoing the pie crust and planning on small slices of cake for my unsuspecting guests tomorrow night.

Yesterday's baking was great. The cookies and granola and bread turned out yum. But by the time I was done I was stressed and tense. Water got in the melted chocolate and the bread took way longer than I thought to bake.

If my focus is enjoying the process, today wins hands down.
If my focus is the product I'm making, the winner goes to yesterday.

So, even though there are other things I should be doing, I'm heading back into the kitchen to try that crust again. Hoping for ultimate victory going to today. Fun process, good product.

And lots of compliments tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like Andrew overstirred. Too bad we aren't your guests. We love dense cake.