Monday, July 30, 2007

Oh man.



I have not scrapbooked in a few weeks. I feel okay with that. I don't feel like I am getting behind or will lose interest. Scrapbooking is not a got-to-have-this-done-by-noon type of hobby. It waits for me. For weeks.

I have put scrapbooking on hold until I finish Andrew's 2 year quilt. And when I say 2 year quilt, I mean, I have dragged this out into a 2 year project. He has a room now. A place to hang it. A perfect wall for showcasing my quilting genius. Or my not-quite quilting genius. Luckily, I do not run in a crowd of quilters ready to spot crooked seams and such.

Anyway, I was thinking of scrapbooking this morning when Andrew pointed at his albums and asked for a viewing. We sat on the couch, side by side, pointing at 'baby' and 'mommy' and 'daddy' and 'Dixie'. I turned the page showing Andrew in the bath and he says, "oh man!"

I loved it. I loved that he was into the pictures and talking about the people in his life and the things he has done. I scrapbook for a lot of reasons. The creative release. The processing. The what-else-would-I-do-with-the-photos? and I also think of a time, down the road, when I'll say things like, "oh yeah, remember those jammies?" and when Andrew says, "I remember that toy bus!" What I didn't foresee was that it would happen this soon. That he would enjoy it now.

So, that's cool. But I'm holding out. Must quilt. Expect to see photos of the progress.
and please keep me accountable.

No comments: