Thursday, December 6, 2007

sorry.


This is all you get today. Better than yesterday, right?

Yesterday was what we Rice's call: The Pits. Seriously. I was praying that I could find Thomas the Train on PBS and lay on the couch and watch it even if Andrew was not interested. Yup. It was that bad.

But yesterday's blah is today's whoop.

See, Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday I was in machine mode. I was constantly going, constantly doing and it all landed me on the couch with Thomas at 5 o'clock in the afternoon. I simply did too much. Ever happen to you? It happens to me enough that I feel like I should know better, or see it coming, or at least aim to be more flexible, but nope. On I go. Little Machine.

I wish I could say Little Christmas Machine, because that sounds so much cuter and festive and fun. But there is nothing Christmasy about scrubbing mildew from your shower. Really, nothing. I thought about it and came up blank.

But today I figured out that I actually worked ahead with my work-work which meant I didn't need to put in as many hours today, which meant I could look for the missing train track, which meant I found it, which meant Andrew and I spent a good part of this morning sitting in the middle of a train track circle while a train chugged around us yelling "All Aboard!" And that's what working from home should be all about.

During nap time I donned my elf hat and started a Christmas gift. Which, by the way, will be fabulous. But, the recipient reads this blog, so all you get to see is red and green wire. Just imagine the possibilities!

And, I don't really have an elf hat.

3 comments:

Ms. Walker said...

I'm not growing a person and sometimes my body says "That. Is. Enough." and I have to rest! Happy resting and present making!

Melissa Belmonte said...

Be careful- I had some similar days with Enzo and found myself having to lie down on the floor because I thought I was going to pass out! Atticus ran circles around me, because he thought I was playing a game. Hang in there.

Loralee said...

I do that all the time and always end up regretting the fact that I couldn't just leave that last little dust bunny. Remember there is always another day--it doesn't all have to get done today.

When I was pregnant with Timothy, one of the parents at school was sharing some of her prego memories. She said at the end of every day she felt like she had really done something, and she had her growing little belly to show for it. I like that.