Thursday, January 10, 2008
oo Night: a game of pretend
players: 2 or more
age: 0 and up
1. To begin play, player 1 declares "oo night!" and then pretends to sleep on a bed, couch, chair, table, etc.
2. Player 2 joins player 1 in pretending to sleep also declaring "oo night!"
3. Both players open eyes surprised to find that the other player is not really sleeping. Player 1 says, "Hey! You're not sleeping!" and player 2 says, "Hey! What you doing?"
- Sometimes player 2 adds props, such as blankets, stuffed animals and books.
- If "oo night" is played on Mommy and Daddy's big bed, then player 2 might decide to jump around on the bed after player 1 has declared 'oo night'. Player 2 thinks this is very funny.