Saturday, March 22, 2008

a different kind of hunt.



The New York Parks Department is good about this kind of thing. We joined our local masses at our local park for our local Easter Egg Hunt. It was cute and fun and Easter-y. The eggs were empty, but you were suppose to bring them to the volunteers to redeem them for candy. We just found them and re-hid them and decided to skip the candy since we are already overloaded with sweets and cookies and whatnot.





Loba came over today to help me out with these Hot Cross Buns. Except I got a little experimental and the dough ended up too heavy. The rolls didn't rise. And then I baked them for too long. So they are more like Dense Cross Buns. But, after sampling one, I decided they tasted pretty good and looked pretty cute, so they would be offered along with other Easter dishes at our dinner tomorrow night. They are not what I thought they would be, but my guests don't have to know that. So let's keep that between you and me.



Have a Happy Easter!

1 comment:

Kirsten said...

Awe. I'm glad your pictures of the hunt were up to standard. :) And the buns look cute, even if they are too dense. I wonder what we did wrong...