Saturday, August 2, 2008

reading readiness



So Andrew has shown a real interest in reading lately.

For example:

On the back of car he points to our license plate and says "D-U-T 1-6-5-1". Then underlines the letters with his finger and says "car! This says car!"

While playing the piano with some friends of ours he notices a word above the keys: "S-T-E-I-N-W-A-Y. Piano! That says piano!"

And on the front of a store on our block "1-8-7-1. Numbers!" (as though 1871 was how the word 'numbers' was spelled).

I love seeing things come together in the funny way that they do for these little guys.


Peach Bread Pudding with a bit of ice cream.

3 comments:

Cat said...

Jake is certain that everything spells out his name (or mine...)It's a start!

TARA said...

What? I don't get it, doesn't everyone read like that? I do. Like, Q-W-E-R-T-Y spells keyboard, right? You're very smart, Drew!

Anne said...

Bread pudding is one of my favorite things in the whole world!