Monday, June 22, 2009

black suitcase



When I pack for the beach I start with a small, black suitcase. I got the suitcase for free when I joined some bank years ago. It's a little bit broken and does not stand upright but topples this way and that if I am not careful. I use the suitcase to pack my scrapbooking supplies.

I used to pack as much as I possibly could. Lots of paper, ink, stamps, stickers, glue, my paper cutter, photos, ribbons. Everything that I could foresee needing. This year I was more strategic. I went through my photos first and picked out a few stories that I wanted to work on. Then I put together a little pile for each story with cardstock, patterned paper, letter stickers and one type of embellishment. My new packing worked out great. Not only did it mean I was bringing less with me, but it also gave me a head start because I had already picked out my materials for the pages I wanted to do.

I love working on my scrapbook at the beach. It's become one of my favorite parts of beach week. Especially when my sister or sister-in-law join me. I get very reflective and contemplative during beach week and it's so nice to bring along a little creative outlet to process some of that contemplation. Especially since I leave my blog behind!

1 comment:

Mama V said...

Smart thinkin'!

I'm so glad you had a great time but I'm SO much more glad to have you back! ;)