Monday, January 4, 2010

Another Sneak Peak, revealed



I think this was my favorite of the gifts I gave this Christmas. I have two nieces: my brother's daughter is 8 and my sister's daughter is almost 8. This summer while I saw them during beach week they were both really interested in the sewing projects I was working on. So for Christmas I made them each a little embroidery kit. My favorite part of the kit is the little bag it all gets stashed in. I just love the way it came out! It seems the kits have gone over well. Both nieces like them...their mothers however (the ones that will have to thread and rethread the needles and fix snarls of knots) I'm not as sure about...




Today Andrew starts his first day at the new school.
-He has already practiced walking around in his new backpack (as has Isaac for that matter).
-We are borrowing a lunchbox from a friend until his shows up in the mail and the borrowed lunchbox has already received all kinds of love. Andrew hugged it tightly to his chest while he watched a DVD yesterday. Who needs teddy bears, anyway?
-And you've already seen his communication notebook.
- Andrew went to bed on time last night with no signs of "I can't sleep" anxiety.
- And I spent the night tossing and turning dreaming odd dreams of packing lunches. Packing lunches as though our very lives depend on it.

Perhaps I should go pack that lunch right now.
Have a wonderful Monday!

8 comments:

Kirsten said...

I hope the big day goes GREAT! And you can stop dreaming of packing lunches. :)

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

Had to laugh at your comment about the mom's of the girls who received your adorable kits for Christmas. My sister would be the same way if I gave something like that to my niece! hahaha...

Can't wait to hear how Andrew's first day of school goes! What was for lunch today? ;o)

Cat said...

I know I'm the one who won't sleep when Jake starts kindergarden in september!
I hope he has a great day!

aquadcd said...

What DVD?

debs14 said...

So how many times today have you had a quiet moment when you thought 'I wonder how Andrew is getting on'? I do hope his first day has gone well and that he is excited to go back again tomorrow. I kind of think that his lunch is going to be the most imaginative of all the other kids there!

Wendy said...

Oh no! The lunch packing nightmares have already begun and you've yet to really start!

I hope Andrew is having a great day. I bet he'll come home with all sorts of exciting stories.

Sian said...

Hope he has a good day.

Yes, I bought a sewing book as a gift for a teenage girl and her mum (who sews as much as I do) offered to bring her round for lessons!

Loralee said...

How'd the day go??? I hope he loves it.

And what did the lucky little guy get for lunch? :)