Friday, March 26, 2010

can't hold me back



No. No new oven yet. I ended up freezing several dozen cookies and hauled them, Isaac and a few toys over to Mama V's house for baking yesterday. A normal person would have just bought some already. But when your very sense of self is determined by how awesome your baked goods are, there is more at stake than just subjecting Andrew's class to store bought cookies.

So, I took the crazy route and baked the cookies off sight. I was planning on getting all fancy with the decorating and piping little bunnies on each egg. But, instead I decided to invest in some sparkly sprinkles and went for a simpler, sparkly look.

I found some edible Easter grass in my local drug store and got some of that to package with the cookies. It tastes awful, but safe to eat! And...really makes the presentation super cute. Which, I'm sure Andrew's class of mostly 4 year old boys will take the time to appreciate. I'm just sure of it! ;)


5 comments:

Goes On Runs said...

how very cool! who knew - edible decorating grass. they think of everything.

Loralee said...

Beautiful! I'm with you, too. The extra work was totally worth it--you would have regretted buying them. But, maybe I'm not a normal person either... hmmm... never thought about that. :)

They look scrumptious, and I admire your talents and determination.

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

Absolutely adorable! My sugar cookies NEVER look like that. ;o)

Tara Whalen said...

I see Mama V got her wish for the baked cookie smells. I bet SHE got some of those yummy cookies too.

Emily said...

Those are beautiful! The packaging is just too adorable!