Friday, June 11, 2010

hello cupcake



I've been trying to stay calm and quiet around here. I've been plugging away at little birthday errands and projects all week. A little bit each day. But I can't hold back anymore.

Tomorrow is Andrew's birthday party and I can't wait!!!

Oh Lord. I LOVE birthday parties. I LOVE them!! I love them so much that I often take a little time the day after the party to weep into my pillow. It's like Birthday Party Postpartum. But I'm not going to think about right now. Right now I just want to ride the Birthday High. Anyway, Dave knows what to do when I crash. ;)

The RSVPs have come in and I'm thrilled. The weather report was giving me heart attacks all day yesterday but now it looks like the rain will hold off for us. The cupcakes are freshly baked, the snacks are made, the favors are assembled and I'm just about ready! I think it's going to be a good one. I can just feel it.

Tomorrow my sweet boy will be 5. And I have A LOT to say about that, but for now, I'm just thinking party prep and weather forecasts. I'll wax poetic about this milestone when all is said and done.

Wish me luck!




Banana Cupcakes: recipe from here.

4 comments:

Ruth said...

Good luck with it all!

Cat said...

I say this every year: I can't wait to see what you do for Andrew's birthday. It gets me in the mood for Jake's in september!
Good luck with the weather!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Andrew! Five, what a big number!! Have an amazing time. I think you are right, after all the planning there is a post-party depression. Last year after the boys, I barely could move on that Sunday. I just couldn't deal with anything. Can't wait to see pictures!

-Steph

Melissa Belmonte said...

Okay- I'm so curious about all this. I enjoy being with friends and enjoy aspects of birthday parties, but I certainly could take 'em or leave 'em...

What about it makes you so excited? The planning? The themes? The food? How happy the kids are? Or seeing your friends? Or what?

Glad you are happy. (-: Wish I could come.