Monday, November 22, 2010
stories of the weekend
1. Isaac continues to be the cutest thing I have ever seen in my life. I trimmed his curls this summer and they back and fierce as ever.
2. Andrew must have drawn 50 different mazes this weekend. He also found that his fingerprints look just like mazes and asked me if they each have a start and a finish.
3. We showed Andrew ET on Friday night and he cried and cried when ET got on the spaceship at the end of the movie. I first saw ET when I was his age and my mom had to carry me sobbing out of the theater. Seems like he got a bit of my tenderheart, poor fella. He wanted to make it clear to me however, that even though he was crying, it was a really, really good movie.
4. Andrew, Isaac and Dave gave me The King Arthur Flour Cookie Companion for my birthday. It was special ordered from our local bookstore, so I didn't get it until Saturday. Andrew wrote inside the cover, "Dear Robyn, Happy Birthday! I love cookies. Love, Andrew". Seems like this cookbook is a gift for the whole family. ;)
5. Most of this weekend, we stayed home so I could sew. I am making the boys quilts, which believe me, you will hear plenty about later. But we did venture to Prospect Park to meet up with a friend and romp around a little.
And while we were there, Andrew took these photos:
Not bad, eh?
Posted by Dave at 8:09 AM