Wednesday, February 2, 2011

chocolate chip bars


Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars

2 3/4 c flour
2 1/2 t baking powder
1/2 t salt
2/3 c butter, melted
2 1/4 c brown sugar
3 eggs
1 t vanilla
2 v chocolate chips (I used mini)
1 c chopped walnuts

Preheat oven to 350.
Grease 9x13 pan.
Combine butter and sugar.
Add eggs and vanilla. Mix.
Add flour, baking powder, salt. Mix.
Add chocolate chips and walnuts. Mix.

Smush into 9x13 pan. Bake for 24-26 minutes. Don't overbake! A toothpick in the center will not come out clean. As the cookies cool, they'll set and you will not get gooey bits in the middle. You will get lovely, moist bars.

These were amazing. MAKE THEM!


I keep hearing that my photos haven't been consistently visible! Stink! Hopefully I can get that sorted out soon and sorry for that hiccup! Sooo frustrating! I really hope you can see today's bars. If you can't, just trust me that they are gorgeous, get yourself to the nearest kitchen and make them! Sooooo yummy!

4 comments:

erin said...

I'm salivating. We're really restricting out sugar/carb intake these days. Peter has the whole family on the Zone diet. We started after Christmas and I lost 5 pounds in January. It's too much math though. I just want to eat those brownies!!!

Mandi said...

Hi, Robin. I have been reading your blog for almost 2 years now. Sorry I have been lurking and have never left a comment before. I LOVE your blog! Especially when you post yummy recipes! I also love your scrapbook pages that you share. I'm a scrapbooker, too! Thank you for sharing your life and being an inspiration.

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

~sigh~ I don't know whether to love you or hate you right now. Of all days for your photos to finally show up! These look amazing and I'm going to have to try this recipe soon. Thanks. I think. ;o}

MandiCrocker said...

COOKIE BARS. YUM. Heckfire, I may just make 'em tomorrow! :)