Friday, August 31, 2007
Things I like.
1. the sound of the metal store gates going up every morning.
2. the smell of 3rd avenue between 81st and 77th at 8 o'clock at night. Prime dinner hour.
3. the colors in Chinatown.
4. the mist from the hoses being used to wash down the sidewalks in the morning.
5. the pita bread at our local lebanese bakery.
6. the way the lebanese baker talks to Andrew and makes him laugh.
7. the cafe at our corner that Dave visits on the mornings he does laundry to get me a treat.
8. the wooded path along the water that manages to hush the traffic from the nearby parkway.
9. the woman that lives across the street. She has the shortest commute of anyone I know. She works in the store underneath us.
10. the way Andrew flirts with everyone he can on the subway.
What do you like about New York?