Friday, October 19, 2007

Bits of Andrew


for your Friday.

1. Andrew counts:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 10, 12, ooteen, ooteen, ooteen, ooteen!

2. 10 is his favorite number and has it's own song. It goes "Bum, ba-bum, TEN!" He started this last weekend at Loba's house and has sung it everyday since.

3. Andrew says the alphabet:
A, B

4. Andrew likes to make lists of things that are fun. He uses repetition for emphasis.
Daddy: fun, Mommy: fun, Andrew: fun, Daddy: fun, apple: fun, Daddy: fun.
I try not to let my feelings get hurt. ;)

5. Despite my best efforts, and despite his fantastic exposure to quality children's literature, he has terrible taste in books. Right now is a favorite from the library. It's called 'Baby Flip-A-Face'. I'm not kidding. It's terrible.

6. Andrew builds cakes with his legos. I take full credit for that one.

7. We've been ordering a bit more take-out than usual. The other day the UPS man rang the doorbell and Andrew yells: "Pizza!"

8. Andrew and I are gearing up for Halloween by watching the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown. While watching the DVD Andrew periodically yells out "tunkin!" which, um, is the way he says pumpkin.

9. After sitting in time-out Andrew is learning to say 'sorry'. I'm regretting this. His 'sorry' communicates that in no way is he actually sorry for what he did. He usually smiles and laughs during the "apology". When do kids learn empathy?

10. Andrew speaks Spanish:
Andrew can say Luna. Which means moon. He learned it from "Buenas Noches, Luna". The Spanish version of the classic, "Goodnight, Moon."

Lately I have been smitten with this kid. It's funny to me that my feelings toward him change in these cycles. Many times, I love him, but I'm not really smitten. But other times, it's like a dump truck backed up to our living room window and emptied a huge, messy pile of love into our apartment.

And I just don't know what to do with it all.

1 comment:

Tara Whalen said...

Enjoy those days and make the most of your quality mommy time with him!