Monday, October 22, 2007

A list


The other day I read about someone that was starting a life list. There is a whole section of wikipedia dedicated to these life lists and I liked going through a few. I liked seeing what people are aiming for. What is important to them. So, I started one.

The whole idea makes a lot of sense to me. I like lists. When I have a list, I tend to do the things on it. And I really like bringing parts of myself into a public sphere, so it makes sense to post the list here. I figure, if I tell all of you that I want to see St. Petersburg, that is it a goal of mine to go there, then I take it more seriously. I mean, it's in writing. Any of you could pull up the blog and say: "Let's see here, Robyn. How are your plans for St. Petersburg coming along?"

Some things on the list are a little abstract. Like teaching Andrew to be kind and reflective. I really, really, really want to do that. But, I'm not so sure I'll be able to cross that one off. "Yup! He is finally kind and reflective! phew." On a side note, I think that Dave's goals for Andrew are that he learn to be funny and inquisitive. Dave could cross that off the list everyday. Dave is in the lead with teaching Andrew his ideal attributes.

So, anyway, there it is. I am thinking I should add some easier-to-attain items. I don't want to feel unproductive in a month when I haven't written a book, hiked to Machu Picchu and translated part of the Rosetta Stone.

I guess we'll see how this goes.

1 comment:

Anne said...

I feel confident that Andrew will at least know what it is to be kind and reflective because of you, at that's 99% of the work.