Wednesday, February 6, 2008

funny kid



Sometimes Andrew calls Dave, 'Dave' instead of "Daddy". We all went for a walk the other day and Dave and I realized that we forgot something in the apartment. He ran back for it and we agreed to meet up down the road a ways. Once Andrew realized Dave was gone he started yelling "Dave!!! Dave!!! Help me!! Dave!!"

I looked like a kid-napper.



Dave and Andrew were looking at two Ernies that Andrew has. One is big and one is little. Dave told Andrew "Big Ernie and Little Ernie." And Andrew corrected him, "Daddy Ernie and Andrew Ernie".



Andrew's Uncle Chuck is a comic book collector that favors Aquaman above other superheroes. Andrew has a stuffed Aquaman who is always hanging around a stuffed duck. Andrew knows from his videos that Aquaman is "King of Seas" and often marches around announcing "Aquaman! King of Seas! Aquaman! King of Seas!" The other day he was playing with Aquaman and Duck and asks me, "Duck King of Seas?"

Poor duck. He doesn't stand a chance.





This is a Valentine that we'll make at my card making class this Friday night. I love the way it turned out. Room for photos or poems or quotes or a really long love note. It fits in an envelope or could just be presented as is.

I have given Dave something like this in the past and he likes them, but doesn't really know what to do with it afterwards. We now have a mini-scrapbook basket where all the little books I make go. Andrew loves going through the basket. So, I think this guy will end up there with the others. Therefore, it will probably end up more tame scrapbook-y and less hubba hubba. I like the idea of Andrew having all kinds of evidence of the love in our family kicking around. So, here is one more piece!

5 comments:

Tara Whalen said...

That using the parent's name thing must be in the Dill genes. Dillon went through a period of calling me Tara. I will always remember one time when we were at a friend's house for dinner, and he had been exused. He came back to the table for something, and called me Tara. Our hosts tried hard not to laugh.

It will get better =)

Dave said...

I don't think I ever called mom or dad by their first names. I remember when I was like 5 or 6 figuring out and their first names and feeling very proud. ;)

I was a smart one!

Kirsten said...

I'm sticking to my theory that the duck looks like the sea horse Aquaman rides. I think it's a natural pairing. :)
I look forward to Friday.

Anne said...

I wish I could come. I need a good Valentine's gift.

Anonymous said...

I love Andrew stories. It seems right that you two have a funny kid.