Thursday, February 7, 2008

so, let me explain.



I blame peer pressure.

and the chance to try something new and fun.

and the fact that it was really easy to do.

See...I made marshmellows.

I was reading the blog of a woman who made marshmellows for Christmas. She dipped hers in chocolate and nuts and I got jealous. I wanted to make marshmellows too. She posted a link for the recipe and after reading it, I was hooked. It would happen. The hardest part was justifying the making of marshmellows. I mean, a bag is like 99cents and no trouble. Not to mention we never really eat marshmellows. I never buy them because Dave won't eat them. He's a vegetarian and marshmellows have gelatin which is made from cow bones. Yum, right? So these babies will be offered to the unsuspecting folks at my card making class tomorrow night. I designed the whole snack arrangement around the marshmellows. There will be a hot chocolate bar with various toppings to add to the hot chocolate, including a little bowl of homemade marshmellows.




But what I really wanted to tell you about is my new awesome socks! These arrived in the mail yesterday and they just might be cuter than the marshmellows.



agreed?

5 comments:

Holly said...

Wow! Interesting socks! I like the marshmallows!

Wendy said...

I wish I lived in Brooklyn so I could learn how to make your beautiful cards and eat adorable home-made marshmallows.

Anonymous said...

The socks are great! Are they a Valentine's gift? By the way-it's marshmallows! Who does that anyway? You set the bar pretty high.

Dave said...

Thanks guys.

I was wondering why blogger kept underlining the word marshmallows. I thought that it might be a word that didn't exist in their spell check. I didn't even try to change it! oops.

Loralee said...

Those are awesome! How do they taste compared to store bought?