Sunday, April 13, 2008

Could it be Spring?




I think so.

We met our friends Kirsten and Eric at the Brooklyn Botanical Gardens to gawk at the buds and tiny, new leaves and the early, showy flowers. So beautiful.

For the past few weeks when I would read people's blogs and they would post photos of flowering trees I would roll my eyes and try to ignore my jealousy and pretend I didn't care. So, if you live North of me, and the trees are not flowering and the bulbs are not blooming, I just want you to know: they will.

They always do. Word?


4 comments:

Susan said...

That new pictures is awesome!

I love the flowering trees. We had the best cherry blossoms we've ever seen this year but they are gone, now. It's so short lived and every year I wonder why I didn't spend every waking moment outside while it lasted.

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you went and so glad your shared!! I am freezing right now and we just had a fresh dusting of snow this AM. Thank you for those pictures!!

Tara Whalen said...

I love the picture of you with the tree. You are so cute!
Believe it or not, we are just now getting our first buds on my forsethia bushes.

Today it is supposed to be in the 70s. Tomorrow in the 70's. Wednesday.... snow.

Loralee said...

I'm psyched for you, but as it is currently snowing, I am crazy jealous too!