Thursday, September 11, 2008

three things



1. We made Popcorn Bread today. So fun. So yummy.



2. Andrew and I (and by 'Andrew and I', I really mean I) rewrote the song "Another One Bites The Dust" into a clean up song. Same tune but we changed the lyrics to "Tinker Toys in the Box". Great song. Turns out it really is the best song to sing in the stroller on the way to the Post Office. Especially if you can sing it really loud.

3. When I taught the little ones we would start our day with a 'Morning Message'. It was just a letter I'd write to the class every morning that would say things like "it's snowing!" or "we're going to the farm today!" or "I didn't get enough coffee this morning. Who wants to run to Dunkin' Donuts for me?" Well I am doing a modified version of this with Andrew. I write him a little letter each morning and then I read it to him. Twice. And then he reads it. And then he finds letters and words he knows in it, like 'Andrew'. And he looks for numbers, etc. Well this morning I asked Dave to write the letter. This is what he wrote:



This kid is going to get a great education.

6 comments:

Susan said...

That is awesome, Robyn! Let me know when you convince Andrew to go to Dunkin' Donuts for you :)

Anonymous said...

Popcorn Bread?!! You ARE a rock star!!

TARA said...

I've never heard of popcorn bread, but it's a brilliant idea! Mmmm, I'm going to have to get that recipe! I love the note, but I'm sure Dave wasn't telling Andrew anything he didn't already know.

Kirsten said...

Popcorn bread! That's crazy. What does it taste like?

Tara Whalen said...

I was teaching Kindergarten this morning and we were working on a handwriting sheet. Write "Q", "R", and "S". There was a blank line underneath those letters and one student approached me and asked what to do on that line. Without thinking I said "write 'my mom's a rockstar.'" He just looked at me, then smiled "that's too much to write."
I laughed and thought of you. I never would have said that on my own!

Dave said...

I am so glad I bring out the punky teacher in you, Tara! ;)

What a great story!