Thursday, January 22, 2009

the simple things



There is a trash can by our desk that mostly just has a little paper in it. Sometimes it has some scraps of fabric from my latest project and the occasional seltzer bottle. It's sort of a waiting area before odds and ends get sorted into the larger trash and recycling cans in our kitchen.

Today Isaac found it. He knocked it over and out popped an empty seltzer bottle. He spent the next 20 minutes batting the seltzer bottle around the apartment and cracking up at the bottle's topsy-turvy response. It was hilarious and adorable.

And has me wondering again why I bothered buying that kid any toys.



Today's Dinner: minestrone soup with chunky cheese bread. oh my.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish I could have watched him!

Jessa said...

Eli's first boughts of full on cackle came from bumping an empty bottle on the floor. Simple pleasure.