Friday, March 27, 2009

some reflections



Hello!

1. I took a little break. Just a few days. I was feeling uninspired. I didn't know what to write about. I wanted to stop making stuff. I wanted to change things up a bit. And it was really nice.

2. I'm a little nervous about ending the break. What if I'm not ready to get back into this full throttle? What if I start up again and realize I need another little break? The funny thing is that this is just a blog. But, it's also not just a blog. It's my way of connecting. It's my way of keeping on top of things. It structures my day, my time. Unfortunately, I'm one of those gals that seems to be all or nothing. Either blog every day or none at all. So, I want to try to let go of that a little. Perhaps drop a day or two each week. And still congratulate myself for being a good blogger.

3. I noticed that when I stopped creating, that I was missing stuff. Not necessarily the "creative process"...though I love it when that is in full gear. But I was missing the actual stuff. I needed a few cards. I wanted to make sure to scrapbook the funny things Andrew is doing right now. Not making things created a hole, though it was not a hole I was expecting.

4. And I did not stop baking during my mini-break. I mean, a girl needs to eat!

5. I noticed how full my days are. How I could have a very full day just doing dishes and folding laundry and changing diapers and cleaning the bathroom floor (every few hours! When do little boys the finer points of aim?!?!). And although those things do fill my time, they do not fill other things I want/need filled. I have been making time to 'make' for years and I'm only now noticing that I was indeed making the time for it. The time does not just fall into my lap.

6. And so, I wanted to touch base with you before the weekend sweeps us away in our various directions. On my plate this weekend? A haircut for Andrew. A birthday party for Baby Jesse. And another attempt to get some fabric in town. I doubt we'll take another stab at the pickle barrels. I hope you have a great weekend!


3 comments:

Rhona said...

You're so right, if we want to create we have to make the time or it just gets swallowed up. Blogging 4 or 5 days a week is more than acceptable!

Miss Vicki said...

Thank goodness you're back!!!

Mama V said...

Robyn,

Two things:

You could post a picture of your closet wall and write about your left pinky, and people would still want to read your blog.

I was just thinking that you must have the strongest arms from all the regular dough kneading you do! I'm gonna check those guns out the next time I see you!