Wednesday, July 15, 2009
a post for when summer gets hard
Things I like about summer:
1. open windows, curtains moving in the breeze, wearing sleeveless shirts.
2. scraped knees, small and filthy feet, dirty necks.
3. lots and lots of daylight, easy morning wake ups, shady trees.
4. trips to parks, zoos, gardens, new and old neighborhoods.
5. ice cream.
6. a different pace, different projects, different energy.
7. watching the boys test themselves out on harder and harder playground equipment.
8. pretty little dresses, no layers needed, baby skin exposed.
The past week or so of summer has been really nice. Not humid. Not that hot. And fairly busy. I just wanted to write down that there are parts of summer that I genuinely like so that when the parts of summer that I genuinely hate rear their heads, I can read it and be reminded.