Thursday, October 29, 2009

haunted houses



We are so spooky around here! I tell ya!

I've seen Haunted Gingerbread Houses here and there and I've thought to myself, "cute, but so much work! maybe when the kids are older..." Then it occurred to me to use my house cookie cutter for the same idea. And it could be simple enough that Andrew could help. So, yesterday we made the cookies and today we decorated them. He dipped them in colored glaze, I did the detail work. And voila! A whole haunted neighborhood!



10 comments:

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

Those are really clever!

Nadine said...

with the purple and greens, it's
hard to tell they're gingerbread
pastry ><

Anonymous said...

Are the ghosts separate little cookies? Or candies? Those are great!

Dave said...

Nadine: these aren't gingerbread...they are sugar cookies!

Q: the ghosts and bats are separate cookies!

thanks!

Amy Pitts said...

Yummmmmm can you send me some of those cookies? They look delish!

JIW said...

adorable. totally adorable.

Ruth said...

It's a total education seeing what Americans produce for Halloween ... they're terrific!

Sian said...

Seriously spooky biscuits! Love the little houses in your header too

scrappyjacky said...

Hi...came to from Shimelle's....and hey those houses look great.

Rhona said...

Those haunted houses are fantastic, we don't get nearly as creative here in the UK.