Thursday, January 7, 2010
1. These are last of my Sneak Peeks. I made several of these notebook holders and planned to make more (such a great teacher gift!! And I didn't do it!!! ack. End of the year gift, right?), but will have to revisit this project later. The folks I gave them to seem to like them, though. My mom especially! She is such a list-maker, that one.
2. I also made my brother a set of superhero cards. He's given Andrew a subscription to a monthly comic book and for the last few months, after the comics were well loved by his nephews, I held onto them and cut out some of my favorite frames. And then used the frames to make little cards. I was thinking he could use them at work to write a quick note to a co-worker while Green Lantern says on the front of the card "Actually Wonder Women gave me the idea!" But, I really think that my brother is such a collector that he won't use them at all, but add them to his collection. Maybe, if we are lucky, he'll tell us what he's going to do with them!
3. I cleaned the apartment yesterday for the first time in weeks. This place was gross. And there are still areas that are driving me nuts. But I made a list of the areas and plan to tackle them little by little instead of feeling like I need to do it all at once.
4. And today, I made cookies. My boys have been wandering the kitchen mourning the condition of our dusty cookie jar. Andrew even suggested buying cookies. Can you imagine? So now, when he gets home from school there will be cookies cooling on the counter. Hooray!!!
5. I still don't feel quite like I am back to my regular shenanigans and I feel so surprised that it is taking me so long to catch up. I'm sure I will though. I usually do...
Posted by Dave at 12:06 PM