Monday, January 18, 2010

decorating



This morning the boys and I made a few Valentine's Day decorations. They painted some white paper with glue and stuck on tissue paper, ripped up pages from an old dictionary and little red hearts. Andrew was done with his collage in less than 5 minutes. Isaac spent more like 30 minutes on his. It would seem he is as into the craft scene as his mama. He loves feeling the texture of the papers and playing in puddles of glue. He really gets into the process of it all.

When their collages dried, I cut them up into hearts which are now hanging in our windows and form a banner for our living room.

Welcome, Valentine's Day.
We'll treat you right.



5 comments:

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

Very, very cute. Love the way the garland looks hanging above your pictures too!

Loralee said...

Honestly, Robyn, I need your touch. I am so overwhelmed by the daily cleaning of the kitchen to think about getting arts and crafts stuff out. I am willing to clean up the flour the boys spill, but paint? Marker? Glitter? I can't even think about it. And choosing something both can do at the same time? Yikes.

I love what you're doing. Looks great.

Melissa Belmonte said...

So pretty!

Miss Vicki said...

Loralee, if it makes you feel any better, she certainly did not learn this at home!

Mama V said...

Love it! I'm still trying to get out of Christmas mode and you're already a month ahead of the game with Valentine's day! Thanks for helping me get into a new spirit!