Friday, July 23, 2010
It seems I'm in a little summer funk. I'm hot and tired and can't seem to shake it. I spend my days bumming around trying my darndest not to feel grumpy and then once the boys go to bed and the heat breaks I am bursting with energy.
Here's what's helping:
- mini lemon cheesecakes. I made these cuties last night and have declared myself "Mini Cheesecake Queen". I plan on making these everyday for months. Ok. Not everyday. But frequently. Love these cool bites of goodness.
- the Glee soundtrack.
- after school trips to the aquarium. We live near it and my folks gave us a pass again this year so, why not? Standing around next to giant tanks of water is strangely calming.
- Blueberry Beer.
- So You Think You Can Dance (I have a crush on Jose. Man, what a Cutie Pie).
- neurotically cleaning.
- looking at Christmas craft supplies online.
Here's what's not helping:
- Isaac rummaging in the fridge whenever I turn my back. Baby gates don't even slow him down anymore. Yesterday when I was cleaning the bathtub (neurotically), Isaac brought me the jar of pickles. That kind of thing happens all day long.
- the urban, summer stench of sun ripened garbage.
- Andrew's consistent need to tackle his brother. I've got to remember to wrestle Andrew a little every day. It really helps. Though, I must admit, there are plenty of times Isaac initiates.
Here's hoping the goods outweigh the bads today.
Posted by Dave at 10:16 AM