Monday, November 1, 2010
1. Andrew wanted nothing to do with the cleaning out of the pumpkin. Isaac couldn't get enough of it. Andrew decided to draw a blueprint of what the pumpkin should look like as his way of participating. Isaac decided he would do just about anything to participate. He would be thrilled if we carved pumpkins daily.
2. Isaac was fascinated by the lit pumpkin. He kept pointing out the eyes and nose and mouth and kept hugging the lit pumpkin (!) while Andrew ran around trying to make it as dark as possible in our apartment so we could enjoy the pumpkin light in all of its glory.
3. Andrew was better about getting make up than Isaac, but neither were great about it. ;)
4. This year Andrew nailed Trick or Treating. He did the full "treat or treat!" "thank you!" and "Happy Halloween!" And even explained to a few folks, "This is my little brother. He doesn't know how to say Trick or Treat."
5. Usually we stay on the main street and just hit the stores. But a lot of stores closed early (since it was Sunday?) so we hit up a lot of houses. When people would open their doors, Andrew sometimes would say a huge "HI!!!!" like they were old buds. Then after the candy was collected he would come running at us announcing, "I got TWO pieces of CANDY!!!" This was easily his most enthusiastic year.
6. And I'd say, it was our best Halloween ever. Andrew simmered in anticipation, knew what to do, remembered the drill, and LOVED it. Isaac had no idea what was going on, but was thrilled by the unexpectedness of it all. And, you know how it works, when they love it, we love it. And we loved it.