Tuesday, December 14, 2010
1. My copy of Passion for Baking completely fell apart. All the pages fell right out of the binding and when my mom saw this she was struck with inspiration. She took my copy, put all of the pages in page protectors and put them, in order (!), in a binder. Not sure if that is serious Mama Love, or serious need to have things organized. But I LOVE it! Thanks Mom!
2. When the bunk beds first arrived Andrew saw the box and was thrilled. He ran into the other room and said, "OK! I am going to close my eyes and count to 10, and you will put the bunk beds together in my room!" hmm....
3. The bunk beds are just so exciting. And for a while they were way too exciting to actually sleep in them. The first night was hairy...and we got a lot of late night visits from Isaac. Andrew moved himself to the couch to sleep, but he rolled right off. "I didn't hurt myself at all, so I just kept sleeping on the floor!" Things have since calmed and the boys are more or less sleeping the whole night in their new beds. Isaac has figured out how to get up and down the ladder, so that's good. Right?
4. Yesterday Andrew had some serious ants in his pants. He just wanted to RUN and I kept telling him to stop running in the apartment. So we went for a walk and he kept asking me, "Do you want to see my SPEED?" Then he would run down the block and wait for me at the other end. He told me "Mom, when you see this: whoosh! That was me!" After all that running he was still super restless. So after dinner he and Dave ran about 15 blocks to the next neighborhood to see some Christmas lights. Dave couldn't believe how long he ran and said that Andrew might actually make a good running partner.
5. A few years ago Andrew thought it was totally arbitrary what we put on the Christmas tree. He would put his cups and toys and dirty clothes on it. Isaac doesn't think it's arbitrary, but he does think it is a new storage system for small toys we normally keep hidden from him. He pulls the ornaments off of the branches and plays with them at the coffee table. The Thomas ornament and the Fischer Price school bus ornament are his favorites, for obvious reasons. They are, in fact, small toys.
6. He never remembers what these taste like and has to try them every year.
7. The rest we put into these Cranberry Cream scones. Recipe found in my new Passion for Baking binder!