Monday, June 11, 2007

A Very Lucky Duck



Today I feel like The Lucky Duck. Or maybe, A Lucky Duck. There are probably other Lucky Ducks out there.

It's funny how life does this. I feel like I have cycles of not-so-fun and cycles of you-are-such-a-lucky-duck. So, right now, things are really good. Really good.

And I wonder. I wonder how much my actual circumstances have really changed. It doesn't seem like much has really changed, but it feels like a lot has changed. And you probably know by now how much stock I put into feelings.

The couple of good things that have changed remind me of all of the wonderful things that haven't.
My health. Andrew's health. Dave. Our marriage. Our family. Our joy. We really are a happy bunch, despite my occasional (?) sad blog post. I love the time I wake up in the morning. Today I woke up at 7:45 with Dave asking if I wanted him to start some tea for me. I used to wake up at 6. I love that I don't wake up at 6 anymore. I am selfish about sleep.

I am just so happy that we are who we are and that we are together.

So what reminded me of this? What brought on the "Oh yeah's" of a good life?

Last week I was hired as a permanent employee for the company I was freelancing for. Recognition (you know I love that!!), stability (another thing I love), and I guess I must admit this: the money is pretty handy.

and

Tonight we are going to see an apartment. It had TWO bedrooms. and, a washer/dryer hookup. I didn't think it was possible. I didn't think we could actually find an afforadable 2 bedroom with awesome laundry options in New York. And we did. Just knowing it is an option is great. We'll see if it works out...

So, I guess I am finding so much joy in the cushiness that is easy laundry and sleeping in and having an awesome family. We're 2 for 3 right now. Hoping for 3 for 3.

Fingers crossed....

5 comments:

Susan said...

We'll pray for you! And please pray for us as we continue in the unemployed, almost homeless situation. Hoping that will end in the next day or so . . .

Dave said...

Yeah man, definitely praying for you guys...

Goes On Runs said...

can't wait to hear.....

Anonymous said...

Okay, I know I am probably missing something really obvious, but . . . what is the third thing again?

(it's Marti)

Dave said...

The laundry!!!! (I already have fam and sleep...now going for laundry!)