Thursday, August 23, 2007

Sometimes you need a working outlet



and you get a new sink instead.

So. When we had our stink-out flood over the weekend, the landlord came by and decided that he would fix our buzzer and the outlets in our kitchen that don't work and replace our kitchen counters while he was at it. I have been plugging in our oven across the kitchen with a long, thick orange cord at the working outlet. It is not that big of deal, but it would be nice to not have to. So, I think *maybe* he felt bad about the stink-out and decided to step up his efforts as a landlord.

So, as of today, we have a working buzzer. So, when you come by, there is a bell to ring and then I can buzz the door to unlock it. Before that, people would call us, or yell at our front windows to let us know they were here.

We also have new counters and a new sink. I wasn't expecting the sink. It is nice and deep and I am excited to suds up the next batch of dishes. But. The outlets are still broken. The oven is still dependent on the long, thick orange cord.

And the laundry is still not what I hoped it would be.

I guess you can only ask for so much.
Right?

No comments: