Friday, January 16, 2009

Chicago



For Christmas I got my mom tickets to see Chicago. So she came to town for a few days this week to visit and for the show. I'm not sure either of us knew ahead of time how much help I'd need with these crazy kiddos. Good timing, I'd say.

Last night we took a car service into Times Square, leaving the kids with Dave. The show was great. It was really fun and I thought the cast was pretty impressive. Most notably, Melora Hardin (Jan from The Office) played Roxie Hart. It was so neat to see her in such a different role. I thought she was great!

Great show. Great visit with mom. Great night out on the town. And we were home just in time for Isaac's late night snack. Now mom is on the road home and the boys and I are sitting around, scratching our heads, wondering what to do with ourselves. I forget what we do when no one is visiting and it isn't Christmas and no one is sick.

I'll think of something...I always do.


3 comments:

Kirsten said...

Yeah, I know the feeling. Except wait, my house is still full. :)

But I have that scratching my head wondering what I should do with myself feeling.

Goes On Runs said...

i love those moments when you kind of escape the reality of the day to day and realize we live in new york city. i still trying to figure out how to get through the next seven weeks.

TARA said...

I LOVE "Chicago"! Love it, love it. I didn't know Jan from The Office was in it - how fun! Sounds like you had a great girls night out in the city.