Thursday, October 8, 2009
can't get enough!
So I made some more pasta again this week. I love it. I love making pasta! I love cranking the dough through the pasta machine. It's my favorite part. The dough just flies right through and makes me feel like Pasta Queen.
This week I made Black Pepper Fetuccini. While Andrew was at school! ;) It goes much faster without eager helpers, but I sort of missed the help. I think next time I'll do it when Andrew is home.
This was my process:
1. Put egg, flour and pepper into the food processor.
2. Pulse until it's all crumbly.
3. Knead it into a dough.
4. Let the dough rest for 5-10 minutes.
5. Use a rolling pin to flatten it out a little so it fits into the machine.
6. Whip it through the machine!
7. Shazaam! Fetuccini!
8. Put in a ziplock bog to freeze until it's time to make dinner.
9. Add frozen pasta to boiling water.
10. Make a simple sauce (this time I sauteed garlic in butter).
11. Toss with the sauce.
12. Eat it and receive so many compliments from family members that get to join you for dinner.
I'm thinking we'll start a weekly pasta night around here. Carbs be damned. (Sorry...I just feel really passionately about pasta!)
Posted by Dave at 9:08 AM