Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Isaac



1. loves trains. Thomas and friends, other trains, pictures of trains, real trains. It's pretty serious.
2. could live on avocados and bananas alone.
3. splashes like crazy in the bathtub, looks at me and calls it "rain!".
4. is both shier and more socially aware than Andrew was at this age.
5. is extremely resistant to hearing 'no' and cries like he is in physical pain when things don't go quite right. Last night he was in the boys' room while I was brushing Andrew's teeth and I hear him crying and screaming and I assume by the quality of his shrieks that his very life was being threatened. I imagine the worst and run back to the bedroom to find that he is angry that the sheets on Andrew's bed are all twisted up and that he can't pull them up all the way. oh brother.
6. can undress from the waist down when it's time for bath. Still needs help with his shirt.
7. LOVES going in Andrew's school when we drop him off in the mornings. He knows how to get to Andrew's classroom all by himself and when Andrew lets Isaac wears his backpack Isaac is thrilled to pieces.
8. silently points to the sky when an airplane flies by overhead.
9. has been filling his crib with extra pillows and blankets before going to bed at night. He likes to be comfortable.
10. is still a total mama's boy. And I love it.



And, Isaac loves these mini raspberry muffins.

11 comments:

Melissa Belmonte said...

I love Isaac. And I love raspberries. So I love this post.

scrapaddict4sure said...

Isaac sounds like my 5 year old who
is resistant to the word no,also
and I got to say those muffins look good,too

Kirsten said...

I love Isaac, too. I felt so lucky when he snuggled with me on Sunday.

Plume said...

I'm for the most part a lurker around here, but had to write because of two things.

No. 1: I have a boy a couple months younger than your Isaac, I ditto points 1, 2, 5 and 7, although with 7 only the backpack part. He absolutely loves daddy's backpack so we got one for him. Of Thomas The Train, no less. And I'm glad I'm not the only one dealing with point 5--it's really a patience tester.

And No. 2: Are you able to share the muffin recipe? They look yum.

Dave said...

Hello Plume! I had to look back to see which bullets you were referencing. ;)

yup! I can share that muffin recipe. I'll put up here in the comments section in a little while.

and Kirsten you were very, very lucky! An esteemed privilege to get a snuggle with that busy guy.

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

:o) What a fun little glimpse into the life of Isaac. :o) Very sweet.

Marti said...

Kirsten!!! So jealous!

MandiCrocker said...

Sooo adorable!! :) My favorite part of this blog was "oh brother." It says so much!! Lol...

Plume said...

Ha! I figured it would be easier to just point the bullets out, but should've known better--I had to go back twice myself because I kept mixing them up.

And looking forward to the recipe, got my raspberries waiting!

Dave said...

right! Plume! Here you go!

2 cups flour
1 cup sugar
3 t baking powder
1/2 t salt
2 eggs
1 cup half and half
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 t lemon extract
1 cup raspberries

Mix together eggs, half and half, vegetable oil and extract. Add the salt, baking powder, sugar and flour. Add raspberries.

Pour batter into greased muffin tins.

bake at 400 for 15-20 minutes (depending on size of muffin...about 12 minutes for minis, 20 minutes for jumbos).

Plume said...

Saved. Thanks Robyn!